Freedom Churches are CVJC’s partnering faith communities who are committed to addressing human trafficking from a collaborative, Christ-centered perspective. . .
CVJC has been mobilizing and equipping churches for the past 5 years! We have worked with over 50 churches in the Central Valley, and have current, active relationships with at least 40 (not including the churches in our extended network- that number is much higher!). We recently started calling our partner churches “Freedom Churches”. Download the Fact SheetFreedom Churches Facts April2015.
Our vision is to see followers of Christ leverage their influence to make a difference in the lives of those being exploited, responding effectively to human trafficking in our community. Whether you are a pastor, a church member, a business owner, an educator, a social worker, a student…YOU can make a difference! Partner with us by identifying and reporting victims, preventing trafficking, and taking part in bringing transformation to our region.
Will YOUR faith community become a Freedom Church?!
For Freedom Churches, CVJC will
1. Communicate (about regional human trafficking issues & news)
2. Provide Opportunities (prayer, education, prevention, ways to serve and lead)
3. Resource and Support (those affected by human trafficking; victims, survivors, families, advocates)
4. Educate and Consult (with church members, leaders, groups- this includes speaking at one event or providing one training annually by request)
Freedom Churches will…
1. Identify a Coalition Representative (and build a team!)
2. Participate in Freedom Sunday. This is the first Sunday of February (or whenever you choose to participate!) For more info see our Freedom Sunday page
5. Build a safe culture in your faith community (for victims, survivors, and their families.)
View our CVJC Calendar for opportunities from CVJC and our partners, updated specifically with churches in mind.
(note: this exact info can also be found if you click directly on on our “Freedom Churches” link, on our home page)
Freedom Churches in our Region
The churches whose logos are displayed below are publicly acknowledging their commitment to bea Freedom Church! This means…
- The faith community is part of the Central Valley Justice Coalition, and will actively engage in addressing human trafficking from a Christ-focused and collaborative approach in our region
- A CVJC Rep within the church congregation is being identified and starting planning a process for the church to move forward in the justice journey (in partnership with CVJC)
- This process will move towards including (note: everyone is on a different timeline and journey, it is a process!)
- Prayer and financial support
- Observing Freedom Sunday annually
- Intentionally fostering a safe culture for victims, survivors and their families.(i.e: training for church leaders or consultation on responding to needs in the congregation)
1400 E. Saginaw Way
Fresno CA, 93704
1135 E Alluvial Ave
Fresno, CA 93720
3620 N Millbrook Ave
Fresno, CA 93726
2297 E. Shepherd Avenue
Fresno, CA 93720
Fax: (559) 323-7206
4450 N Brawley Ave #111
Fresno CA, 93722
1801 E. Teague Ave
Fresno CA, 93720
(559) 298- 7087
Become a Freedom Church!
The process is focused on relationship! Our team wants to:
- Meet with you/those interested in leading in this way
- Create a step by step process together, specifically for your faith community
- Support the journey you have been on and are committing to! It will be a process and each will move at a different pace.