Click here for our Prayer Guide in a printer friendly version.
Everyone is invited to join us for our monthly prayer meeting every first Thursday of the month in our office at 1940 N Fresno St. on the campus of F.I.R.M.
Here are some suggested topics to cover in prayer:
(Because of the sensitive nature of human trafficking work, the details of current situations are kept confidential. We trust that God will lead you to pray in accordance with his will. To receive our monthly prayer emails, send a personal request to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Labor Trafficking: Often, but not always victims are brought in from other countries. They are forced to work in agriculture, in restaurants, nail salons, massage parlors, in homes or hotels and domestic servants, and other places. Often sexual exploitation is involved for women.
Sex trafficking: Victims can be from other countries or your own hometown. The majority are domestic minors, with most being foster care youth. Forms of sex trafficking include pimp-controlled prostitution, trafficking through gangs, trafficking through a family member, trafficking in illicit massage parlors, trafficking in labor camps and agricultural fields.
Check out our calendar for upcoming prayer events!
Pray For Freedom:
Prayer Walks on site throughout our city along main “Tracks” or areas where sex trafficking is most prominent and/or seen. We partner with other churches, individuals and agencies to bring God’s love and life to these places of darkness as we pray and proclaim freedom for captives. We also occassionally host our own Pray for Freedom events. We want to take back our community and walk for the freedom of those caught in this form of exploitation. This time generally includes a short safety training and debriefing time afterwards.
Monthly Prayer Meetings:
Once a month the CVJC staff gather and pray in the morning with our prayer support team. As the location changes regularly, if you are interested in joining us for this time or being a part of our personal prayer support team, please contact Info@justiceco.org for more details.
We seek to have God’s heart for:
- Those caught in slavery and those caught in cycles of addiction, greed, and despair.
- All who collaborate on a local and global level to prevent trafficking and bring restoration.
- The Body of Christ – for the faith community will lead the way in His power and love.
- Freedom and Justice in our community.
Pray for Victims & Survivors
- For those desperate for rescue to find a way out.
- Courage for those who need to take steps towards their own freedom.
- For light to break through the darkness and hope to overcome despair.
- Empowerment for victims and survivors to keep moving towards freedom.
- For the families and children of victims and survivors to be comforted and find needed support and courage and perseverance in the journey towards healing.
- Increased recognition of victims in schools, churches, hospitals, and the marketplace.
- Prayer for victims and survivors in specific forms of human trafficking that exist here:
Labor Traffickers, Pimps, and other organized crime
- Effective outreach to men and women who abuse and oppress others.
- Strategies to effectively reach gang members.
- A cultural shift that opposes glamorization or normalization of pimping and prostitution in our media.
- Trafficking operations masked by false facades to be exposed.
- Prostitution, adult entertainment, pornography to be exposed and eradicated in our city.
- For those trapped by greed and power to break free.
Customers of Sex Trafficking
- For men and women to turn to God for help living lives of sexual integrity.
- For those caught in addiction to repent and change their harmful behavior.
- The community to encourage, support, and refer to local ministries that address sexual addiction.
- For customers/johns to be convicted, transformed and restored.
- That myths would be dispelled, the secrecy ended and they would stand for truth and grace.
Central Valley Justice Coalition
- Pray for wisdom in decision-making and all areas of our work, with law enforcement, city leaders, churches, other organizations, community members, and survivors.
- Pray that in every moment, we will be led by the Spirit in everything and be able to communicate the Father’s heart and the good news with our work.
- Pray for continued vision in how we can best serve our community through our organization.
- Pray for protection from spiritual attacks and strength in His love and joy in the challenges we and our partners encounter. We are more than conquers and are dearly loved.
- Pray for the release of resources: people, funds, partners, etc.
First Responders, Law Enforcement, and Government
- For increased training in all sectors
- Police to identify victims and refer to support agencies
- Wisdom and strength from God in daily encounters with victims/survivors
- Chaplains to be used by God to speak truth and reach the most vulnerable
- Protection for police and their families (physical and spiritual)
- For laws to favor the most vulnerable and continue closing the gaps in the systems
- Appropriate funding to follow new legislation
- Our local city council, mayor, and community leaders to be empowered & inspired to bring change to our community and make trafficking an agenda priority
For vision, wisdom, and direction, and oneness with God and each other, according to God’s heart, in joining Him on this journey that is new to many of us!
- An awakening within the body of Christ to see through God’s eyes and catch his heart for justice: empowered by His love and grace
- Relationships with Jesus through the love given by his people
- Finances to be released to ministries and allocated effectively
- Families to provide safe, loving homes for vulnerable children
- Mentoring connections to be made across social, economic, racial, and religious lines
- Pray for protection for them and those they are seeking to reach. We don’t want to be scared off, but we also need to do operate in wisdom. The more effective these groups get, the more attention they may get from sellers.
- Pray for wisdom in how to best reach those they are called to. They also need strength, encouragement, and perseverance.
For those working with Survivors
- Pray that those caring for survivors of slavery to faithfully and lovingly meet their needs according to their calling.
- Pray for the needed support and favor in their work.
- Pray for more people to be trained and involved in walking alongside survivors. It is a long-term, intense commitment.
- Pray for resources needed to effectively do their work, like financial support.
- The process of having an adult after-care house and organizations who are working toward that goal.
For those working on Prevention
- Pray for volunteers to help do prevention training and teaching.
- Pray for favor with school, foster care groups, group homes, and other agencies to bring prevention material and the financial and manpower resources to serve each of them.
- Pray for prevention work to be effective in empowering children and preventing victimization
- Pray for child sexual abuse to be prevented and cease. Pray that this issue would be effectively exposed and addressed in the community and in the church.
- Pray for awareness of trafficking tactics to be so known in each community that potential victims of fraud would know trafficking tactics when they are approached with it.
- Pray for healing and prevention in the area of sexual addiction, for awareness and support of the issue.
- Pray for grace, wisdom, and direction for those who are called to addressed the roots factors involved in trafficking.
- Pray for greed to be met with justice and cut off in every way it manifests.
- Pray for awareness by every in the community of how we can change our lifestyle to promote justice for everyone.
Pray for Foster Care Youth
- Pray that those in the foster care system would receive the love and support they need. Pray for healing from emotional, psychological, and physical wounds, they have endured.
- Pray for healing in their families and safe, healthy reconciliation.
- Pray for wisdom for those charged with the care of foster youth.
- Pray for healing in families so that children would not need to be placed in foster care